Are you ready? Really? You're really ready? Okay, here we go: THE 1.7 (pre-release) IS READY FOR TESTING!
There are so many things coming in 1.7, I almost can't keep track of them all. Many of them are things we have covered over the last few weeks, but the sheer volume of awesome contained in this update is staggering. Between doubling the amount of biomes in the game, and tons of changes to get ready for the Plugin API(!!!), this really is the update that changed the world - both in-game, and out. Let's see what's coming!
- New world generation!
- Double the amount of biomes, with new trees/flowers/blocks.
- New “Amplified” world option.
- Less ocean, more awesome.
- New blocks!
- Two new types of wood.
- Stained glass! With both blocks and panes.
- Packed ice, red sand, podzol.
- Lots of new flowers, including double-tall versions of current plants.
- Added more type of fish.
- Redone the fishing mechanics. Can now catch junk and treasure too.
- Fishing rod enchantments!
- Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
- Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
- Now will less lag!
- Achievement & Statistics overhaul!
- Now both world (or server) specific.
- In multiplayer, it’s announced to everybody when you get an achievement.
- You can move your mouse over this in the chat to see what it was!
- Some new achievements and statistic types were added.
- Zoomable achievements screen!
- Multiplayer enhancements!
- Servers can now put a 32×32 image called “server-icon.png” in their folder, that you will see on your server list.
- You can see who’s online before joining a server; move your mouse over the player count!
- Lots of hidden preparation for allowing name changes.
- Resource pack changes!
- You can now have multiple selected.
- They can completely re-do your sounds, adding new ones or changing current ones.
- Servers can now recommend a resource pack for you to use.
- Chat & command improvements!
- New commands to spawn mobs or blocks of any type.
- Command block minecart!
- Clickable links to achievements and items.
- Click on somebody’s name in the chat to message them!
- Lots and lots of internal work!
- Completely rewrote how the network (multiplayer) works.
- Completely rewrote the sound manager.
- New graphics options.
- Basic shader support testing.
You can play the pre-release as you would any Snapshot, by setting it up in your launcher. Enjoy!
Server jar: Click here
(On windows, right click -> open with -> java)
Minecraft issue tracker