Time for this week's Snapshot, 13w24a! Comprised mainly of bugfixes, there are a few goodies - or, in the case of textures, laying the foundation for goodies - in store, however!
- Removed Texture Pack support, added Resource Packs
- Added new gamerule for day-night cycle
- Things and stuff
- Mobs spawn and then quickly despawn in peaceful. Looks like the "ender-porting-out-of-water" effect.
- You can't get "The End?" achievement
- Persistence required tag freezes mobs
- Squids taking damage while in water
- Hard to spawn Squids
- Scoreboard "health" objective set to display "belowname" disconnecting player on multiplayer with end of stream
- Lava texture animation moves too fast / Animated textures ignoring text files
WAIT, MY TEXTURE PACKS LOOK ALL BROKEN AND WRONG AND...:
Nope, there is a new texture system now in place, in preparation for the future of the Mod API!
Quote fromWe’ve been working really hard on the new Resource Pack system, and we think it’s at the point where we can finally push it live. This is a huge step forward for the future mod API and will replace texture packs.
Unfortunately, texture packs will no longer be supported but you can use this fancy tool to automatically convert them! Please report all issues about resource packs, and the snapshot in general, to our bug tracker!