You heard right, it's a double-feature today! The 1.5.2 Pre-Release, as well as the 13w17a Snapshot are now available for testing! So how does this work? You can get these files in one of two ways:
THE EASY WAY
Download the new experimental Minecraft launcher (Click here, and select the launcher for your OS), and select which version of Minecraft you want to play from the dropdown box - no extra installation or effort required!
THE TRADITIONAL WAY
13w17a Client Download
13w17a Server Download
Additionally, you can download the 1.5.2 pre-release by clicking here.
BUGFIXES IN 1.5.2
- Jukebox audio volume doesn’t decrease
- SMP: Anvils charge level for nothing when using languages other than English
- Tamed wolves and cats despawn
- Endermen are rendered hostile if they take environmental damage
- Pick-Block and Furnaces
- Achievement "Hot Topic" Uses Faceless Furnace Icon
- Using the anvil for free
- Arrows visually float when shot into a block
- Improvements to FPS when using high-resolution texture packs
- Many Realms fixes
CHANGELOG FOR 13W17A
- Added a new “Hardened Clay” block
- Added extra tooltip info in the search tab for the creative inventory
- Made deserts more deserty
- Zombies made slightly more sociable
- Bug fixes!