- Villagers will now react positively on new trades, and negatively if you hurt them
- Villagers will not remove trades, but trading something else may be required to renew the old ones
- Zombies and Skeletons have new equipment, depending on difficulty
- There’s a new kind of Zombie, too
- Added the “Command Block” intended for adventure maps. It’s not craftable and not in the menu, but its id is 137
- A suprise block! This block is still work in progress, but will get a crafting recipe later on
You can get the snapshot at the following links below:
In addition, Mojang would like to announce the second community-created app to be recognized as an official Minecraft-supported app, "Seeds - for Minecraft"! This handy app collects and reviews seeds to generate your maps with, including screenshots of the map! Each seed also includes user-voted ratings, descriptions of the seed and more. Give it a look!
Yes, but naturally spawning?
No, but in your original post you said that you can place them sideways, nothing about them spawning sideways.
spider eyes with......... blaze powder?
by the way cool snapshot, interesting to see what mojang wants to do with this
aside from obviously expanding on villagers and zombies at the same time
ALL HELL NAW!!1
Honestly? I'd like to see some of the long-term "planned" things being added in (Red Overworld dragons and a Sky Realm, anyone?). 1.2 and 1.3 were awesome updates, but where's all the awesome stuff they said they were gonna add a while ago? I can't really complain about anything in these updates, and I'm sure Vechs is extremely happy (as a fledgling mapmaker, I kind of am too), but I'd still like to see them add some of the things that were planned a while ago.
- Audio Loops
- Capture the Flag online game type
- More Animals (Would love to see fish)
- A legitimate way to get sponges (and a use for them)
- Spike Blocks (meh.. lava or cactus works)
- Red Dragon
I did notice that the sky realm thing was removed from this list, to some disappointment, but overall, this list actually seems to be getting longer for the most part. These updates are great, but I'd like to see some of the above things in an update sometime soon. :|
(This is my rant, reposted from Unsquarable's forums page on this subject )
For those of you who already know everything about the update, you can skip to 11:00 to see my proof of concept for a capture the flag type game that you can easily implement into even vanilla servers using pretty much only the command and beacon blocks in their current state. I leaves some room for improvement though, although part of it is due to the fact that this is a very early snapshot.
Well, 12 pages of people do. And this is the "MINECRAFT" forums. Did you sign up on purpose?
Or perhaps this is a new feature...
Depending on how you play, either of these bugs could potentially be gane-breakers for some players; especially, the first one.
You make me sick.
Well actually they are putting in the Capture the Flag mode in 1.4. Also they wanted to put the red dragon in minecraft but they said it would put to much stress on multiplayer servers (which is true)
I have to say, I agree. I'd just run home.