For those of you waiting for the official release date of the upcoming console port, wait no longer - Minecraft will be available on XBLA on May 9th, 2012. It will cost 1,600 points. Awesome!
The 1.2.4 update is now available for Minecraft! Mojang has been hard at work squashing bugs, and the inclusion of the Bukkit team has allowed a larger list of items to be covered in a short time. The changelog is listed below. To update your game, simply run Minecraft normally, and when prompted to update, allow it to do so. What was fixed for this update?
- Chat history and much better chat editing
- A few new decoration blocks
- “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
- Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
- Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
- Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
- Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
- Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
- Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
- Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
- Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
- Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
- Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
- Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
- Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
- Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
- Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
- Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
- Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
- Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
- Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
- Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
- Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
- Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
- “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
- Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
- Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
- Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
- Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
- Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
Special thanks to the new hires from Bukkit for this huge list of fixes!
Quote fromWhile I was away at Game Developer’s Conference and a short vacation, the new Minecraft members Dinnerbone, Tahg, Grum and EvilSeph were hard at work fixing multiple bugs in Minecraft 1.2. The patch contains mainly bug fixes, but we also threw in a couple of goodies:
Much better chat editing and controls (you can even mark text!)
Some new decoration blocks