Minecraft version 1.1 is now officially out! Including the updates mentioned above, 1.1 has added the following features:
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
Also included is a ton of various bugfixes and minor tweaks to the game engine, many of which were included in previous snapshot releases. To update, just run your Minecraft client normally, and you're good to go!