- New language translations. We changed from using Google Docs to a new system, so these may still contain a lot of errors or missing texts. Please check the Minecraft forums (language section) for more info.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Decreased randomness of Enchantment Tables
- Changed colors of spawning eggs to more represent the mobs they spawn
- Made biomes slightly more varied (hills in forests and deserts, beaches)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Updated fence gate collision box to align with fences
Mojang went on to add the following about the highly anticipated modding API:
Quote fromWe are currently still preparing work for the mod API. The API is going to take some time to implement properly, so we ask for patience :smile.gif: Also, Jon is currently working on improving the AI for mobs to make it easier for us to add new behaviors. The first goal is to add breeding support to wolves, and then move on to more useful / interesting villagers.
One almost wonders if future wars betweeen villages will be possible, or even quests.
Get the 12w01a client right here!
Get the 12w01a server right here!