Jeb has confirmed this week's tester jar, 11w48a! Remember, this will not patch on its own, so if you'd like to help out by testing it, grab the file here, and copy the new .jar file over your existing one. Be sure to report any bugs you may find on the Minecraft Wiki here.
What's New - Find Out Here
We have discovered the following in this week's tester (expect this list to update frequently):
- Taiga biomes return
- Apples can randomly drop from trees
- Farmland trampling mechanics have been altered
- "Void fog" gone at bedrock level in Creative mode
- Breaking wheat can "trample" between 2 and 5 adjacent farmland blocks, this is being addressed
- Placing a block next to double-doors (wooden) can cause them to force open
- Sugar cane can be placed underwater
It was enchanted, my sparsely mustachioed friend.
*sigh* Firstly, have you ever thought of using punctuation? It makes people take you more seriously. Secondly, no, it's not just giving away the game. You need more than just the .jar to run the game.
Why not just make apple trees? They could spawn rarely in the world. It could also just drop normal saplings that when grown have a rare shot at growing into an apple tree. Prevents you from being able to make a large farm of em.
They ought to be much less rare though, perhaps a 1/50 chance? But thats pretty cool!
Not going to play this just for the apples though, because my favourite server has an apples from all trees plugin + I'm also not going to play this because of all of the bugs
but not sure I want to update .. I'll wait until next week