I'm a day late on Pre-Release 2 but just in time for Pre-Release 3! These last two releases mainly focused on bug fixing but Pre-Release 2 did have a change so named mob deaths are now logged. If you find any bugs please report them to Mojang Studios so that 1.17.1 can be as bug-free as possible!
The Caves & Cliffs Preview
Download the updated datapack.
Technical Changes in 1.17.1 Pre-Release 2
- Deaths of named mobs are now logged
Fixed Bugs in 1.17.1 Pre-Release 2
- MC-219290 - Calcite is too quiet compared to other blocks
- MC-221656 - Creative mode obtained Bucket of Axolotl/Tropical Fish only spawns one kind axolotl/tropical fish
- MC-226926 - Emerald ore generates too often
- MC-228599 - Attempting to walk through flowing water constantly switches the player from swimming into normal mode
- MC-229191 - Diamond ore distribution changed between 1.16.5 and 1.17
- MC-229441 - You can steal the item a villager is holding for trade by killing it
- MC-229614 - Wandering Trader obtained tropical fish are only white kob
- MC-229983 - /clear command doesn’t clear certain stacks after dropping items from them
Fixed Bugs in 1.17.1 Pre-Release 3
- MC-222731 - Captured axolotl constantly tries to leave water
- MC-224894 - Light tickets are released too early
- MC-228802 - Chunks not loading on a server / Cannot invoke “cmq.a(int, int, int)” because “☃” is null
- MC-228858 - Axolotls despawning though named and on leashes.
- MC-229246 - Piglins and piglin brutes no longer call other piglins after attacking one of them behind walls
- MC-229475 - Placing a small dripleaf results in the top half of water getting deleted
- MC-229887 - “Unable to create a jar-filesystem” warning logged upon starting the game
Get the Pre-Release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: