Today we have exciting news! Make sure to remember the date of June 8th as that's when the Caves & Cliffs part one update is planned to be released! Until then, Mojang Studios is hard at work squashing the last remaining bugs, and any help from the community to find these before release is much appreciated!
The Caves & Cliffs Preview
Download the updated datapack.
Fixed Bugs in 1.17 Pre-Release 2
- MC-68129 - Smooth lighting doesn’t work properly underwater
- MC-196298 - Arrows fired into the side of bamboo or pointed dripstone never despawn
- MC-205840 - Smooth lighting behaves oddly on blocks covered with tinted glass
- MC-213767 - Flowering azalea leaves ID is unintuitive
- MC-220698 - The ExplosionPower of ghast fireballs is uncapped, causing a freeze/crash
- MC-223602 - Glowing translucent entities often don’t merge their outlines with other glowing entities
- MC-225190 - Tnt can be pushed with an enchanted sword with knockback
- MC-225911 - Slimes and Magma Cubes not interacting with the player
- MC-226470 - Nether Fossils generate on the nether roof above bedrock in soul sand valleys
- MC-226561 - Facing away from signs with glowing text makes the text disappear or z-fight
- MC-226576 - Unknown CPU on Debug menu.
- MC-226782 - /debug start does not work as described
Get the Pre-Release
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: