It's finally time! In yesterday's snapshot, the mob that won the voting has been introduced into the snapshot. Go check out the Glowsquid! I'll still forever be sad about the cow, but I'll enjoy the squid none the less. This snapshot comes with a lot of fixes, but for now, go and test out those glow item frames and illuminate your maps, and more!
Glow Squid does not glow, but it does sparkle and it does appear bright underwater.
New In 21W03A
- Added glow lichen!
- Added glow squid!
- A dim light source that generates in caves.
- Use shears to pick it up.
- Use bonemeal to spread it along block surfaces.
Glow Squid and Useful Features
- Glow Squids are well-lit and can be seen from even far distances!
- When killed, glow squids drop glow ink sacs.
- Glow ink sacs can be used on signs to make the text super visible, even at night! Works with colors!
The image was taken in Moody Lighting to demonstrate brightness with Light Blue dye.
- Craft a glow item frame by combining a glow ink sac with an item frame in a crafting table. Any item in a glow item frame is perfectly illuminated, even at night!
The image was taken in Moody Lighting to demonstrate brightness with an oak log.
- Use an Ink Sac on a sign to remove the glow effect.
- Axolotls will attack any glow squids they see, so…be careful.
Changes Made In 21W03A
- Dripstone blocks can be crafted from 4 pointed dripstone.
Fixes In 21W03A
- MC-9568 - Mobs suffocate/go through blocks when growing up near a solid block
- MC-89880 - Spawner with weight 0 crashes game
- MC-91522 - Shulker rendering position desync and generates ghost shulker when destroying shulker-ridden boat or minecart
- MC-92349 - Players can’t tempt animals with food while other players are closer to the animal
- MC-92867 - Setting Json text value to null throws exceptions and crashes
- MC-105344 - Shulkers in boats and minecarts do not sit up if previously attached to blocks sideways
- MC-108717 - Shulkers can’t be pushed back
- MC-111196 - Using a monster spawner to spawn shulkers spawns white shulkers
- MC-113177 - Shulkers cannot be pushed inside non-solid blocks
- MC-119051 - Random transparent line in shulker box GUI texture
- MC-121897 - Gaps in an animation’s used frames throws ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
- MC-139265 - Shulkers do not teleport correctly when going through a portal
- MC-161334 - Shulker boxes cannot be opened if next to a shulker mob
- MC-168900 - Shulkers teleport with original dimension coordinates after passing through portals
- MC-183884 - Shulkers are afraid of being next to another shulker
- MC-186172 - Shulkers open into blocks when unable to teleport
- MC-190677 - Shulkers aren’t aligned to the grid for a split second after being spawned in
- MC-200195 - Boats don’t try dismounting you on land
- MC-202202 - Server is unable to prevent a player from dismounting a vehicle, causing a desync
- MC-203373 - Shulker bullet subtitles are not capitalized correctly
- MC-203571 - Right-clicking an empty bundle sometimes plays hand animation
- MC-204337 - Bundle use stat never increases
- MC-205076 - Game mode selection is ordered differently
- MC-206118 - “type” in loot table number providers is not optional anymore
- MC-206510 - Game crashes when trying to shift-click a chest into the inventory of a donkey whose chest is being removed
- MC-206550 - block.pointed_dripstone.drip_[liquid/cauldron] has no subtitles
- MC-206599 - Pointed dripstone can be placed atop each other, even if a player would be inside the hitbox of the lower dripstone
- MC-206923 - Dripstone subtitles are not capitalized properly
- MC-207250 - Dripstone caves biome name is not properly capitalized
- MC-207254 - Dripstone caves generate merging dripstones in impossible ways
- MC-207293 - Dripstone generated in dripstone caves can replace lava sources which looks weird
- MC-207335 - Mobs cannot spawn in Dripstone Caves
- MC-207388 - Issues with chunk rendering when height limit is large
- MC-207900 - Summoning "dust" or "dust_color_transition" particles kicks nearby players when on a server
- MC-208336 - ‘player’ sub-predicate of ‘entity_properties’ predicate only passes if game mode is specified
- MC-208611 - Shulkerboxes/bundles duplicate items when destroyed by two fire blocks simultaneously
- MC-208666 - Shulker boxes and bundles drop their items twice when thrown into a lava cauldron