Experience Minecraft on Windows 10 in a whole new light with the official launch of Mojang's Render Dragon technology powered by NVIDIA's Ray Tracing technology! If you've been following along our previous posts you know just how pretty Minecraft can be. In order to experience this newest update, you will need at least a GeForce RTX 2060 GPU. Check out the video from Mojang's YouTube channel below to get a glimpse of what your Minecraft may look like if you have an available card.
For those who may be interested in a 30 series graphics card, NVIDIA is hosting a sweepstake. Head over to NVIDIA's announcement page to learn more about your chance to win either a GeForce RTX 3080 or RTX 3070!
Already on Beta?
A lot of you have been playing on the Beta and have been sharing your screenshots for months now. If you're unsure how to swap over to the official release just follow these steps listed below:
- Back up your existing worlds, saves, and profiles, just in case
- Open the Xbox Insider Hub application
- Navigate to Insider Content and click on Minecraft
- Click Manage, select “Unenroll”, and then Done
- Wait a few minutes, then check for Minecraft updates in the Windows Store app
- If you haven’t been updated, uninstall Minecraft completely, and install a fresh copy from the Windows Store
- And if you’re still having issues, uninstall Minecraft, log out from the Insider Hub, Xbox Companion App, and Windows Store. Restart your PC, then log back into the Windows Store and download Minecraft anew
Are you wanting to convert your JAVA worlds or make your own PBR textures? NVIDIA has created an easy to follow guide containing details for all you need to know. Please check it out if you are interested!
Pack Type: World
Do you love the history of the Roman Empire? Experience the Colosseum in its glory day in this beautiful recreation containing historical trivia. Find hidden locations and take in the marvelous sights it holds.
Dungeon Dash RTX
A dangerous and challenging medieval countryside. Fight your way through an Orc Fortress, a treetop village, a mysterious mine, and floating islands as you conquer each of the 10 unique dungeons.
Check out NVIDIA's site for more in-depth information regarding the RTX update along with information about their DLSS technology. If you have any questions check out Mojang's FAQ.