It's wednesday, my dudes! Todays snapshot marks The Village & Pillage update as, for the most part, feature complete. We're still planning to do a big polish pass, there may be some small features snuck in here or there, but ultimately it's bug fixing from here on out and we're
hoping for a release quite soon!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 19W11A
- Lots of accessibility improvements!
- Added a new "Globe" banner pattern and item (Currently only accessible from commands or the creative inventory)
- Trading changes
- Added recipe for smithing and fletching table
- TNT and TNT minecart explosions now have 100% drop rate
- There's a new Accessibility menu which provides a useful place for all of our accessibility features to be toggled
- When the narrator is turned on, buttons will be narrated on focus
- Most screens allow tab and shift+tab navigation through buttons, edit boxes and other UI elements
- Most lists allow up/down arrow keys to navigate through them
- We've added a new option for turning up the background of all transparent text elements, which should help make them more readable for some people
SMITHING TABLE AND FLETCHING TABLE
- Smithing table is crafted with 4 planks + 2 iron ingots
- Fletching table is crafted with 4 planks + 2 flint
- Villagers use them as a work site
- We've decided not to add the functionality for these blocks for this update as we want to make sure that they're useful for the overall gameplay. We have a great idea for them for the next major themed update...
- Lots of new trades have been added
- Villagers now level up in a new way
- The trading UI is updated (WIP)
- The trading prices now depend on your reputation and on demand
- The villagers will restock up to two times per day (if they can work at their work station!)
- Added visual trading; villagers will display the item they want to trade for your in-hand item
- Villagers now have a daily schedule. They will for example go to work and meet up at the village bell
- Each villager will try to find their own bed and work station
- Each profession has a specific block that works as a work station for them (e.g. lectern for the librarian and cauldron for the leatherworker)
- Village detection is now based on beds, job sites and meeting points instead of doors
- Iron golems will spawn when enough villagers meet
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!