We got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 19W09A
- Added new Note block sounds
- Fixed bugs
- Sprites for particles can now be configured in resource packs (though particle still controls how they will be used)
- 5 new Note block sounds have been added: Iron Xylophone, Cow Bell, Didgeridoo, Bit, and Banjo
- 1 previously existing, but unused, sound effect has now been made available: Pling
- The new Note block sounds can be heard by using Iron Blocks, Soul Sand, Pumpkins, Emerald Blocks, Hay Blocks, or Glowstone
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!