We're slowly entering the "bug fixing and polishing" phase of the 1.14 Village & Pillage update, but that didn't stop us from sneaking in a few cool features like Leather Horse Armor (it's dyeable!), making Invisiblity Potions actually useful in survival, and best of all... wait, oh dear, I've forgotten what that last thing was. Oh well, it'll come to me later.
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 19W08A
- One Iron Golem now spawns in all villages upon generation
- Improvements to invisibility to allow it to correctly work in many cases where it didn't but you'd expect it to
- Added Leather Horse Armor
- Textures for potion effects are now split into individual files
- Command parser now accepts
'as string quotes. Inside
"is handled as normal character and requires no escaping (and vice-versa) - so now it's easier to input text components in NBT.
- Stopped foxes, dolphins, and pandas from having armor equipped onto them via dispenser
- Changed bounding box and eye height of foxes (prevents them from drowning when swimming)
- Foxes that trusted you in the previous snapshot will unfortunately no longer be trusting
LEATHER HORSE ARMOR
- Added a new armor type for horses
- Dye it in lots, yes LOTS, of different colors
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!