This week's snapshot is a small one, but it brings a fancy new splash screen! Start up the snapshot and you'll find out right away.
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 19W06A
- Added a new splash screen and slightly improved startup time
- Updated LWJGL to 3.2.1
- Particles are now broken up into individual textures rather than being in
- This breaks resource packs right now but we're working on a way to still be able to load old resource packs
- Adjustments to the Wandering Trader
- New optional tag for block items:
- Contains map of block state properties to be overwritten after block is placed (note: item model is not affected).
- Fixed bugs
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!