Finally, it's time for the first snapshot of the year! While most of the Java team has been on holiday, we've still managed to cram some things into this snapshot such as smokingly hot Campfires, Cartography Table functionality and Lectern functionality. Enjoy!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 19W02A
- Added Campfire
- Added Cartography Table functionality
- Added Lectern functionality
- Performance improvements
- Fixed bugs
teammsgcommand which sends a message to all players on your team
Come one, come all, and toast your buns around the campfire!
- Decorative fireplace without fire spread
- Cooks up to four foods, but slowly
- Acts as a smoke signal you can see very (VERY!) far away when a hay bale is below (hint: think note blocks!)
- Cosy light source
- Can be lit/unlit
CARTOGRAPHY TABLE FUNCTIONALITY
- Fancy UI which more closely represents what the recipes actually do functionally
- Provides an easier and simpler way of cloning, extending, and locking of maps
- Map locking allows you to lock maps in the Cartography Table with a glass pane so that they can no longer be modified
Ermahgerd berks... holder... thingy?
- Right-click empty lectern to place book
- Right-click lectern with book to open
- Current page is persistent and shared between all readers
- Emits redstone pulses when page is changed
- Use comparator to get book reading progress
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!