It's that time of year again... You know the one, it happens every year in December and brings a tear to everybody's eye... That's right, it's the last major snapshot of the year! Todays snapshot brings us a lot of cool Village related features, and we're happy to finally get these out to you all before the year's up. We weren't able to finish everything we wanted, however, so we'll see you again soon in January with even more Village & Pillage features to help test! Have a great new year, everybody!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W50A
- Added Barrel functionality
- Added Blast Furnace functionality
- Added Smoker functionality
- Added Bell sound
- Added Jellie
- New villages
- Updated Villager
- Changes to raids
- Updated some textures
- Fixed bugs
- Acts as a storage unit for all your things
- Works in tight spaces
- New furnace upgrade that allows for the smelting of ores and melting of metals faster than the traditional Furnace.
- Can be crafted via 3 Smooth Stone, 1 Furnace, and 5 Iron Ingots.
- New furnace upgrade that allows for the smelting of foods faster than the traditional Furnace.
- Can be crafted via 4 Logs, and 1 Furnace.
- Added Taiga villages
- Updated Desert villages
- Villagers and Zombie Villagers now have new fancy skins
- Added Mason profession (trades will come later)
- Cured Zombie Villagers retain their trades
- Patrol captains now give 1-3 bad omen levels when killed. Outpost captains always give 1 only
- Captains now spawn at outposts
- Beasts start at wave 2, witches at wave 4, evoker wave 10
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!