Another week, another snapshot! Winter is getting closer and it's getting so cold here in Stockholm that my fingers froze and snapped off while I was writing this intro (true story). Anyway, what better way to get into a festive mood than hanging out in a fancy new village in a snowy biome? If you're not into the whole being cold and wearing thick woollen socks in the horrible outdoors thing, you can always stay inside playing Minecraft and hang out in the new updated savanna villages. If you're hungry, grab some berries! Enjoy!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W49A
- Updated savanna villages
- Added snowy villages
- Added Berry Bushes
- Added Berries
- Changes to raids
- New loot table function:
- Not very filling!
- Plant your berries in the ground and look with your special eyes as they grow up into a strong, independent bush!
- Commonly found in Taiga, Taiga Hills, and Taiga Mountains
- Rarely found in Snowy Taiga and Snowy Taiga Hills and Snowy Taiga Mountains
- You can stand inside them, but be careful, it will hurt to move
- Has 4 stages of growth. Sapling, no berries, some berries, full berries
- Drops 1-2 berries in younger stage, 2-3 in full growth stage
- Supports bonemeal!
- There's now two waves per Bad Omen level
- Beast now has a possibility to be a part of every wave
- You now have to complete a wave before the next one starts
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!