We've been doing a great job with the 'Pillage' part of the Village and Pillage update for a while now, which means it's time for the 'Village' part. So today the first village of the Village and Pillage update gets a makeover!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W48A
- Added Grindstone functionality
- Updated plains villages
- Moved inventory/crafting table repairing into the Grindstone, this will be its new home
- Has the ability to remove all non-curse enchantments from an item; for each enchant removed some XP is reimbursed
UPDATED PLAINS VILLAGES
- The plains villages have got an updated look
- The new look is adapted to the Plains biome, both when it comes to climate and to available resources
- Uses the mysterious Jigsaw block for generation
- Adds new structure files, quite a lot actually
gamemodesettings now accept string names (integer values are still allowed as legacy option)
- Server will exit faster if
eula.txtis not set
- Added new option
--help. Not going to tell you what it does.
- New command line option
server.propertieswith defaults, then exits
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!