Todays snapshot is nice and peaceful. We've gone and fixed some bugs, cleaned up so much code, nothing can go wr███████████████ ... Oh no...
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W47A
- Added Pillager Outpost
- Added Raids
- Changed some block textures based on feedback
- As if finding Pillagers out in the wild wasn't scary enough with Patrols, keep an eye out as out on your exploration you may just find an outpost of theirs.
- Can be found in any biome a village can be generated.
- Takes advantage of our new mystery block, the Jigsaw, for generation.
- If you find an illager wearing a banner on its head, be careful not to kill it!
- If you do kill it, you might find yourself facing a Bad Omen
- If you find yourself facing a Bad Omen, be especially careful not to walk into a village
- If you do walk into a village...good luck
FIXED BUGS IN 18W47A
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!