It's been a very busy week here at Mojang, but we've managed to finish off two more features in time for the snapshot. Don't worry - there's still lots more to come!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W45A
- Added Illager Patrols
- Added scaffolding
- Rewrote the sign editing to be more intuitive
- Performance improvements & bug fixes!
- Spawn in the world as a pack of 5 mobs consisting of an Illager beast and 4 random other illagers.
- Spawn in all variations of the Plains, Taiga, Deserts, Savanna.
- Scary-spooky new banner can be found a top the patrol leaders head.
REWRITE OF SIGN EDITING
The pen is mightier than the sword! Unless you're fighting a Pillager...
- Movable cursor for free text editing
- Selection support
- Copy & Paste
Here to make your life easy! No strings attached.
- Easily buildable
- Easily destroyable
- Easily climbable
- Easily the best use of your Bamboo
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!