It's a very spooky day today, zombies everywhere, bats flapping around... It must be october 31st, Halloween! Man, can you imagine if it were also friday the 13th? That'd be truly scary. Here at Mojang, we celebrate halloween in style: with snapshots! And this weeks snapshot is another doozy! New cats! New blocks! Lots of new blocks! Keeping in the spooky theme of the day, though, we've not added any new functionality to the new blocks contained within this snapshot. How fiendish of the developers! What could they possibly be for? We may never find out... At least not today.
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W44A
- Split cats and ocelots to their own creatures and updated cats with new features!
- Added lots of new blocks!
- You can now right click on signs with dyes to change the text color
- Lots of performance improvements, especially to client stuttering!
- Added "Programmer Art" in the resource pack menu: it's the old textures, easy to use!
CAT AND OCELOT SPLIT
- Stray cats can be tamed
- Tamed cats can give lovely (or less lovely) morning gifts to their owners
- Ocelots can't be tamed, but they might start trusting you if you feed them with fish
- Phantoms are terribly scared of cats - how convenient!
- Cat collars can now be dyed
- Added several new cat skins!
Even more! Can you believe it?!
All of these blocks currently have no functionality and are only available in the creative inventory. This will change really soon, we just wanted to get the actual blocks themselves out there as soon as we could! They might also change visually, too!
- Added Barrel
- Added Smoker
- Added Blast Furnace
- Added Cartography Table
- Added Fletching Table
- Added Grindstone
- Added Lectern
- Added Smithing Table
- Added Stonecutter
- Added Bell
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!