The first snapshot for 1.14 "Village & Pillage" is here, and oh boy, it's a big one! With new items, new blocks, new mobs, new blocks, new enchantments, new blocks, new mechanics, even more new blocks, new commands, and not to forget all the new blocks - we're pretty confident there's something for everyone in this snapshot!
A full summary of the content available in this snapshot can be found in the changelog on Minecraft.net, the following is a short summary:
CHANGES IN 18W43A
- Added Bamboo Blocks into the game
- Added Bamboo Jungles in the world
- Rewrote the book & quill editing to be more intuitive
- Added Crossbows!
- Added lots of new decorative blocks!
- Added new dyes and flowers!
- Added some community suggestions
- Updated the credits list
- Added in-game buttons for reporting bugs or giving feedback
- Added Illager Beast
- Added Loom into the game
- Special banner patterns can now be crafted into a new item, Banner Patterns
- We're now using the new textures!
- Added pandas!
- Added Pillagers
- Added suspicious stew - hmmmm!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.14 is shaping up in the comments below!