What's this? A spooky surprise 1.13.2 pre-release? We didn't even snapshot them! This is a very small pre-release to address a few performance issues and upgrade issues left over from 1.13.1. If all goes well with this pre-release, we will do the full release on Thursday. Don't worry though, snapshots for 1.14 will be starting really soon!
A full changelog for this pre-release can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 1.13.2-PRE1
- Improved performance of upgrading worlds
- Improved startup time
- Improved performance of turtle pathfinding
- Improved mob spawning performance
- General other performance improvements
- MC-134115 - Containers next to chunk borders can lose items when upgrading
- MC-91621 - Mobs repetitively despawn and respawn rapidly at high Y coordinates (causing lag)
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.13.2 is shaping up in the comments below!