Back from vacation, we're now trying to finalize 1.13.1 and get it to you as soon as possible. We're pretty happy with where 1.13.1 stands now, and are aiming to get the full release out next week unless some major bug pops up.
A full changelog for this pre-release can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 1.13-PRE1
- Improved performance of rendering chunks
- Improved performance of spawning mobs
- Renamed /chunks to /forceload
- Bug fixes!
BUGS FIXED IN 1.13.1-PRE1
- MC-136051 - Mob spawning ignores light level, biomes and height
- MC-135945 - Bone meal particles wont appear when bone mealing
- MC-135428 - /chunk targets the overworld by default and not the sender's dimension
- MC-135426 - Cannot tab-complete chunk coordinates in /chunk
- MC-135424 - Relative coordinates cannot be used with /chunk
- MC-135398 - /chunk (force|unforce) with /execute store success
- MC-135392 - Dimension arguments fail to properly serialize, breaking "/chunk in" and "/execute in" in multiplayer
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.13.1 is shaping up in the comments below!