We're now on pre-release 10 and we expect this to be the last pre-release before the full release. That said, unless any major show stopper pops up, we aim to release Update Aquatic for Minecraft: Java Edition on Wednesday, July 18th.
A full changelog for this Pre-Release can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 1.13-PRE10
- Added an "Optimize World" button (singleplayer -> edit world -> optimize world), which upgrades an entire world from older version to the latest version in one go
- Improved performance
- Fixed bugs!
FIXED BUGS IN 1.13-PRE10
- MC-133653 - Game Crash when creating Superflat world (Void), entering the End, or creating floating islands buffet world
- MC-133473 - Dead bubble coral fan looks like dead brain coral fan
- MC-133467 - Mobs Stuck on Flowing Water
- MC-133421 - The lowest level of flowing water doesn't move mobs
- MC-133408 - Coral fans and dead coral fans never drop as item
- MC-128668 - Ocean monuments cut off icebergs
- MC-127100 - Water and lava influence the flow direction of each other when touching
- MC-125038 - New world generation doesn't populate edges of old world
- MC-125007 - World fails to generate decorations on seemingly random quarter chunks
- MC-122216 - /execute if blocks only returning 1/0 for "result"
- MC-59729 - /replaceitem doesn't work with chest or hopper minecarts
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!