We're now on pre-release 9 and we expect this to be the last pre-release before the full release. That said, unless any major show stopper pops up, we aim to release Update Aquatic for Minecraft: Java Edition on Wednesday, July 18th.
A full change log can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 1.13-PRE9
- Added a few missing subtitles
- Improved performance
- Fixed bugs!
FIXED BUGS IN 1.13-PRE9
- MC-131821 - Cory Scheviak does not appear in credits
- MC-131822 - Nondescript / confusing error message when attempting to join servers <= 1.13-pre2 using >=1.13-pre3
- MC-132652 - Username tab completion on non-empty starting strings is offset
- MC-132657 - Username tab completion appears on the left when invoked without a starting string in the middle of the chat entry line
- MC-133337 - Crash in org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glDrawArrays when opening language settings (caused by Couldn't find glyph for character Ʞ (\ua7b0))
- MC-133503 - Control settings from 1.12.2 can get completely lost when upgrading to 1.13
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!