We're now on pre-release 8 and we expect there to be a couple of more pre-releases before the full release. That said, unless any major show stopper pops up after the upcoming pre-releases, we aim to release Update Aquatic for Minecraft: Java Edition on Wednesday, July 18th.
A full changelog for this Pre-Release can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 1.13-PRE8
- Added dead coral fans
- Changed which blocks show dripping liquids
- Team names & objective names are now text components, not raw strings
- More bugfixes!
FIXED BUGS IN 1.13-PRE8
- MC-133325 - Double chests becoming invisible or separating with redstone
- MC-133277 - Texts sometimes error if the language is Chinese
- MC-133233 - Sticky pistons do not update blocks they cannot pull
- MC-133216 - Water dripping from transparent blocks
- MC-133214 - Sticky pistons pull glazed teracotta
- MC-133157 - Sprinting in shallow water using ctrl will change FOV back and forth
- MC-132835 - The right "tail" of the capital ß (ẞ) seems to be a few pixels too long.
- MC-132695 - Some bold characters have either extra or lack of pixels
- MC-132639 - New version of unicode font has some weird characters
- MC-132635 - Placing blocks with off-hand while main hand empty not possible
- MC-132603 - Bark recipes are not upgraded
- MC-132466 - No enum constant bfz - loading and saving 1.12.2 chunks
- MC-132174 - Tier 4 beacons will not give regeneration effect
- MC-132123 - Lighting for broken block not updated
- MC-131327 - Opaque blocks at the top of subchunks (chunk sections) do not increase the world height to the next subchunk
- MC-128858 - Distance given by /locate is inaccurate
- MC-124955 - Bottoms of large ferns and tall grass are generating in place of regular ferns and grass in taiga biomes
- MC-123447 - Skin not visible in spectator mode GUI (since 1.13)
- MC-123265 - Spectator mode tooltips not showing
- MC-68565 - Monsters spawn at daytime at y=256 and don't burn
- MC-60995 - Maps inconsistent over restarts
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!