We're on the final stretch for 1.13 and hope to have it released by the end of July. If you're experiencing any issues with world conversion (opening a 1.12.2 world in 1.13-pre6), please let us know by reporting it on the Minecraft issue tracker.
A full changelog for this pre-release can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 1.13-PRE6
- Changed dolphin treasure finding behaviour to be more on parity with Bedrock
- Improved fonts
- Some sounds are now more wet
- Brought out the bug spray!
FIXED BUGS IN 1.13-PRE6
- MC-234 - Digging straight down glitches out the breaking animation (Z-fighting)
- MC-14502 - Special characters on splash text on title screen rendered wrong
- MC-41410 - Random text does not work in unicode
- MC-64537 - Gui zooming out when using some languages (unicode)
- MC-72943 - Game freeze after closing an "Open to LAN" single player world
- MC-81876 - Number of characters before line cutoff in chat is not same when unicode mode is enabled and when it is off
- MC-91727 - loot table "spreading large stacks" will overwrite existing items
- MC-92255 - Singleplayer freezes instead of kicking a player
- MC-94325 - Shadow of obfuscated text does not match with displayed character
- MC-96524 - Language specific letters don't look like they should
- MC-121798 - Can only scroll list in superflat preset selection when it is focused
- MC-121861 - Command argument validation does not work for entity id in /summon
- MC-122110 - BufferBuilder not expanding under specific conditions.
- MC-122478 - It is possible to create a server in the server list with a blank name and/or IP address
- MC-122495 - Cancelling backup screen using ESC opens main menu
- MC-122596 - Command autocomplete overrides command history navigation
- MC-122597 - "Preparing spawn area %s%%" string is hardcoded/not translatable
- MC-123078 - Scoreboard ranges don't work correctly at extreme values
- MC-123087 - Fences, glass panes, iron bars, stairs, and melon/pumpkin stems in structures generate with wrong block state
- MC-123236 - Wrong error message when using invalid item in /replaceitem
- MC-123325 - You can no longer use damaged items in advancement icons to display different textures
- MC-123352 - Interaction error with block and GUI, when shift-clicking them with non-block items
- MC-123363 - Occasional crash when changing blocks with a special renderer that uses states
- MC-123432 - Snapshots are leaking tile entity data through to world save
- MC-124469 - GUI scale size 3 displays as size 2 when Unicode font is forced
- MC-124966 - Torches in mineshafts/strongholds are not always attached
- MC-125090 - Cartographer doesn't unlock woodland mansion and ocean monument map trades
- MC-126244 - Extreme lag when using the /locate command or when generating explorer maps
- MC-126685 - Bubble columns don't update when placing magma blocks or soul sand above them
- MC-126708 - Advancement trigger "bred_animals" does not trigger for breeding turtles
- MC-126769 - Observers detecting updates from redstone on top of them
- MC-127822 - Unicode on/off bug with another languages and english letters.
- MC-128387 - Dolphins try to pick up items on land
- MC-128687 - Picking up lava with an empty bucket would play the water picking up sound.
- MC-128736 - Dolphin's pectoral (side) fins are flipped over instead of mirrored
- MC-129318 - The "How Did We Get Here?" advancement does not require Dolphin's Grace
- MC-130127 - Dolphins generate in large amounts with ocean ruin structures
- MC-131019 - Setting and changing data of signs creates unnecessary "extra" tags and causes slow downs
- MC-131159 - Dolphins spawning in frozen/deep frozen oceans!
- MC-131288 - Shulker Box can't be opened and disappears when mined
- MC-131783 - Crash on breaking 1.12.2 -> 1.13-pre5 upgraded banner
- MC-131903 - Banners not dropping as item when broken after unloading
- MC-132050 - Worlds <= 1.8.9 spam errors on conversion
- MC-132113 - 1.13-pre4+ crashes caused by invalid gamepad / controller configuration detected by LWJGL 3.1.6 build 14b
- MC-132242 - Upgrading enderman spawn egg causes chunk to regenerate
- MC-132252 - Player cannot leave the swimming animation underwater
- MC-132254 - Using /effect to give players an effect kicks them from the server
- MC-132259 - Poor TPS in latest pre-release
- MC-132278 - End Crystal beam is missing texture
- MC-132281 - Crash while creating a customized superflat world using capital letters
- MC-132292 - Some sound events are no longer playing the expected sound
- MC-132311 - Dolphins don't save how long they have been out of water
- MC-132312 - Using bone meal on anything underwater places sea grass on it
- MC-132320 - Entities with new IDs disappear when upgrading
- MC-132335 - Shulkers no longer shoot missiles in 1.13-pre5
- MC-132375 - Upgrading 1.12.2 world to 1.13-pre5 crashes the game
- MC-132443 - Some advancements are not upgraded from 1.12.2 (to 1.13-pre5+)
- MC-132448 - Illager and golem statistics are not upgraded properly
- MC-132455 - Evoker spawn egg disappears when upgrading from 1.12.2
- MC-132579 - Inconsistent font
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!