We're very close to feature complete, and have now started focusing more on bug fixing & polishing!
A full changelog for the Snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W16A
- New custom world type: Buffet
- Coral fans now generate naturally
- Drowned can sometimes be found inside ruins
- Turtle helmet will no longer give you particle effects
- Turtle helmet will no longer make you absolutely completely 100% invulnerable
- Blue ice is now ever-so-slightly less slippery than before. Still pretty slippery!
- When water spreads and would later turn into a source block, it now immediately just places a source block
- We changed how we calculate the temperature of ocean biomes, which should result in nicer transitions between oceans
- Mining coral blocks now requires silk touch
- Changed particle effect from the Conduit
- Optimized spawn position finding code
- Technical: there's now a distinction between scheduled "liquid ticks" and "block ticks"
- Technical: there's new block & item tags for coral
- Lots of bug fixes!
All you can pick!
- As a popular request, we readded a way to play with single biome worlds
- You can check it out when creating a new world by selecting Buffet World as a world type
- As a side bonus, we also threw in another way to generate chunks in there
- Keep an eye on this screen, there might be more things on their way!
- (it's pretty crazy)
FIXED BUGS IN 18W16A
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!