You've already seen the header image. Do we even need to say anything else?
A full changelog for the Snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W15A
- New entity: Dolphins
- New block: Conduit
- New block: Blue Ice
- New item: Heart of the Sea
- New item: Nautilus Shell
- Icebergs now generate in frozen oceans
- You no longer have "night vision" effect underwater
- Water now has different colours based on the biome
- New video option: Biome blend distance
- Going in and out of swimming should now feel smoother
- You can now swim through 1x1 holes! Again!
- Fog colour underwater now changes much smoother between biomes
- Optimized fog rendering
- Light now goes much further through liquid blocks
- Spawns in any ocean that isn't frozen
- They're just cute, okay?
- Dolphins are very playful and love floating items
- They also love to chase after boats
- If you upset one, you upset them all
- More behaviours coming soon
Blubb blubb blubb blubb
- Water now only blocks 1 light per block, instead of 3
- This only affects newly placed water - we will relight all chunks in an upcoming snapshot
- Every ocean biome has a unique water colour, and swamps are icky and gross
- In newly generated chunks, you're less likely to find frozen ocean next to warm ocean (and similar)
- I'm not sure.
- What is this?
- Where are we?
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!