Happy snapshot day everybody! We've mostly recovered from GDC and are now back to work, full steam ahead!
A full changelog for the Snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W14A
- New item: Phantom Membrane
- New potion: Potion of Slow Falling
- Added 4 new advancements
- New Kelp textures
- Changed generation rules for kelp and seagrass
- New Riptide behaviours for tridents
- Optimized cloud rendering some more
- Elytra now requires Phantom Membrane to be repaired
- Phantoms now drop Phantom Membrane instead of leather
- Can be crafted into a super spooky Slow Falling potion
We're making progress!
- Fishy Business: Catch a fish
- Tactical fishing: Catch a fish... without a fishing rod!
- A Throwaway Joke: Throw a trident at something. Note: throwing away your only weapon is not a good idea.
- Very Very Frightening: Strike a Villager with lightning
- More to come!
- No longer compatible with Loyalty or Channeling
- If riptide won't work (such as being on land, nice and dry) you can't attack with the trident at all
- Riptide will not throw the trident, but instead launch you forwards with the trident
- Looks neat!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!