It's a super sneaky snapshot day! The Minecraft Java team is travelling to GDC soon, so this will be the last snapshot for a couple of weeks.
A full changelog for the Snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W11A
- Added shipwrecks!
- Added a new hostile mob: The Drowned!
- Added coral fans!
- Added F3+C to copy your current location to clipboard
We were big fans of coral, so we couldn't resist.
- Doesn't spawn naturally yet
- You can place it on the side of coral!
They're called "drowned" for a reason!
- Spawn in all oceans! And rivers too!
- Zombies will also become drowned after, well, drowning
- Drowned can spawn with tridents, allowing you to get them in survival
- Their loot isn't final - there's a super secret item coming soon
- They can swim but they prefer to walk
- All drowned have a melee attack, and ones with tridents have a ranged attack
- Like zombies, drowned don't really like turtles that much
- Can be found in oceans and beaches
- Has 3 different type of loot depending on the ship!
- May spawn with some air pockets, that's a known bug. Sorry!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!