Every day is a snapshot day if you try hard enough. We're travelling to GDC soon so we're going to try to push out as many snapshots this week as we can.
A full changelog for the Snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W10A
- Added buried treasure
- Added tropical fish
- Added underwater ambience sounds
- Added ability to put markers on maps
- Added coral plants
- Changed phantom model and texture
- Changes to phantom behaviour
- Changed coral texture
- Underwater visibility now changes per biome
We found this cool stuff! Let's hide it.
- Can be found... somewhere?
- Maps found in Underwater Ruins can lead you to them
- Will contain a very cool treasure... which isn't added yet
We found nemo! And all his friends!
- They come in many colours!
- They come in many patterns!
- Like other fish, you can catch them up in a bucket
- You can find them in warm and lukewarm oceans
You are here. Or there. I'm not sure, it's somewhere here.
- Right click on a banner with a map to add it to the map
- Right click on the same banner again to remove it
- That map will show the colour of the banner at that spot
- Named banners will show their name on the map too
- If a banner is destroyed, it'll disappear when you get close and are holding the map
"Less derpy" - Jeb
- Now despawn during the day
- No longer spawn in The End
- They have a new model! And texture! Pretty neat.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!