We're currently battling winter here in the office, but we managed to sneak out this small snapshot a little later than usual.
A full changelog for the Snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W09A
- Added underwater ruins!
- Added new coral blocks!
- Phantoms no longer spawn in the end
- Phantoms despawn in the daytime
- Optimized particle rendering slightly
We've ruined the game. Again.
- Come in many different shapes and sizes!
- Cold ruins can be found in cold, frozen, ocean biomes - regardless of depth
- Warm ruins can be found in warm, lukewarm, and deep lukewarm biomes
- Can generate alone or in a big ruined village
- You can also sometimes find them slightly underground or slightly above sealevel
- They can contain mysterious treasures! So mysterious that we haven't even added the real treasure yet.
- A few more things to come in a future snapshot...
Pretty blocks! Or should they be mobs? I'm not entirely sure.
- Comes in 5 colors: blue, pink, purple, red, yellow
- Requires water to stay alive
- If it dies, it dies. Sorry.
- Currently only obtainable in the creative inventory
- World generation to come in a future snapshot...
FIXED BUGS IN 18W09A
- MC-118324 - One of magenta dye recipes is unlocked via getting Ink Sac
- MC-118416 - Recipe for bowl not unlocked until bowl or mushrooms are obtained
- MC-126111 - Furnaces don't award recipes or experience when output is taken after a reload
- MC-126150 - Furnaces don't account for multiple recipes with the same output when giving experience and smelting recipes
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!