This week's snapshot is mostly to help prepare for a really cool snapshot coming your way soon. That's right - it's a snapshot snapshot!
A full changelog for this snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
CHANGES IN 18W08A
- The game shouldn't crash when joining multiplayer!
- Split the ocean into 10 different biomes!
- Added underwater caves & ravines
- Added a clickable link to the
We didn't want to stop at seven seas.
- Oceans are now split into 5 temperatures: frozen, cold, normal, lukewarm, warm
- Each ocean has a deep variant, like before
- World generation should stay the same, but old chunks will only have normal oceans
- We'll be using these for something real soon!
UNDERWATER CAVES & RAVINES
They look so cool. Sea for yourself!
- Caves under the ocean are 50% more humid
- Ravines will appear in all oceans
- Some ocean ravines cut deep, exposing lava to the seas
FIXED BUGS IN 18W08A
- MC-122000 - Items get deleted when the inventory is overflowed by using the recipe book to return items from a crafting table.
- MC-124299 - /give command: Items on ground for a long time not able to pick up
- MC-124948 - /enchant can be used by non-ops
- MC-125451 - Crash when logging into multiplayer without logging into singleplayer first
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!