- Microsoft have announced there's a new head of Minecraft, Helen Chiang, who replaces Matt Booty after he was promoted to head of Microsoft Studios. Helen was previously head of operations for Minecraft, and has said "Above all else, Chiang wants to ensure that the Minecraft studio is a place where the creative staff can really work their magic." in this interview with POPSUGAR.
- Minecraft developer LadyAgnes shared a preview of what's coming in the Update Aquatic, "Found something... odd?... on the beach today!" — look closely in the water and you might see something else too!
- Another Minecraft: Java Edition 1.13 Snapshot came out this week, "This weeks snapshot brings some performance boosts for data pack loading & command execution." — and a new horse model.
- Minecraft will be in London in February, "Wanna hear about the year ahead for Minecraft? Wanna explode robots in exchange for prizes? Then you’ll wanna be at the UK’s most excellent PC gaming expo on February 17-18th, in London! The Big Smoke! [...] Minecraft’s very own Lead Creative Designer, Jens is giving a talk on Minecraft - what it takes to add new stuff to it, and what we have planned for the year ahead."
- Minecraft shared a video on Twitter of 2017's best Minecraft features, check it out below.
Updates make you happy! And when you’re happy, we’re happy. With that in mind, here’s one of our chirpiest videos yet, featuring just some of 2017’s new features. (Not represented: devs drowning in code... but, er, still very happy! Honest!) pic.twitter.com/DcggnGAtHE— Minecraft (@Minecraft) January 19, 2018