In 1.13 we are completely redesigning the command system to be easier to use, faster to run, and allow for much cooler things than were possible before. Todays snapshot introduces the first kinda-workable build of that command system!
A full changelog can be found on Minecraft.net, which includes a full breakdown of the new command system.
- New horse model! Hurrah!
- Lots of bug fixes! Especially crash fixes on Mac OS.
- New command library! Details below.
- Added new GUI scaling options! 4k users rejoice, you can see a few more pixels now
- Most commands are even more case sensitive than before. Lowercase is preferable wherever possible.
- For example, this is no longer allowed:
/scoreboard ObJeCtIvEs ...
- They will be so much more faster and efficient. Especially functions. Oh man.
- Functions will be completely parsed & cached on load. This means if there's any command that isn't correct for whatever reason, you will know about it on load.
- This means to check if a map works in 1.17.banana, you simple open your world in 1.17.banana. If there's errors, they'll be in your log. If there's no errors, it's probably fine!
- Here's a list of every single executable command so-far: https://gist.github.com/Dinnerbone/943fbcd763c19be188ed6b72a12d7e65
- It's very verbose, because each line is its own command.
(conditionals|ors)are separated out.
...is where another command is required
-> foomeans an alias to foo
- The new command library is called "Brigadier". That's not relevant in any way, I just really like the name.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!