- Minecraft 1.12.2 was released this week, containing a fix for a major multiplayer exploit that could not wait until Minecraft 1.13.
- The Better Together Update has been released! This update brings a new cross-platform version of Minecraft to Xbox, Windows 10, Mobile and VR -- and soon, Nintendo Switch too! This is a major update and introduces many new features, including cross-platform play, the Minecraft marketplace, in-game servers and much more.
- Jasper shares another possible Cobblestone texture, based on the original pattern.
- A huge bounty of Marketplace content arrived with the Better Together Update: 5 new worlds (Abstraction: Solar by Jigarbov, Halfling Burrows by Razzleberries, Sunset Coast by Blockworks, Sunnyside Academy by Imagiverse and Dinosaur Survival Map by Pixelheads), 17 new skin packs and a new texture pack, check them out here.
- Story Mode Season 2 Episode 3 is out now, along with the retail (disc) version of Season 2 becoming available in North America -- learn more about that here.
- The Better Together update brings with it Realms invite links; allow friends to join your Minecraft Realm with just the click of a link.
- The Oregon Trail is now accessible in Minecraft: Education Edition.
Minecraft Forum News
- The Minecraft Forum has been restructured this week to reflect the changes in the versions of Minecraft, which includes a new Minecraft category for discussion of the new Minecraft game (also known as the Better Together update). You can read about those changes here in this forum announcement.
- We are hiring! Take a look at the information below if you're interested in joining the team behind this website, and many more of gaming's best websites.
The Minecraft Forum is run by Curse, and we're looking for new people to join our team. Curse has several open positions for talented, passionate gamers. Employees receive catered lunches, an annual gaming budget, a generous vacation policy, and awesome healthcare. Our current open positions include:
- Software Development Manager - Curse is seeking an experienced Development Team Manager to lead and grow our Engineering team. You'll be responsible for supporting business growth, user engagement, and security through effective development team management and engineering practices.
- Marketing Director - Curse is seeking an experienced Development Team Manager to lead and grow our Engineering team. You'll be responsible for supporting business growth, user engagement, and security through effective development team management and engineering practices.
- Sales Director, East Coast - Curse seeks an East Coast Sales Director to drive territory revenue in the non-endemic games marketplace. The Sales Director will have ownership of the East Coast sales territory and will be entirely dedicated to driving long term success.