The Minecraft: Better Together Update beta is now available for Xbox One players following an earlier beta release for Windows 10, here's how to join:
You will need to own the digital version of the game. For the beta, disc owners are not supported - sorry.
1. Go to the Store app on Xbox One or a Windows 10 PC.
2. Search for the Xbox Insider Hub app.
3. Download and install Xbox Insider Hub.
4. Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
5. Navigate to Insider content > Minecraft Beta.
6. Select Join.
7. Have fun and find bugs!
Want to learn more about the Better Together update? Check out this article:
1. The Better Together update will launch in Autumn, and be known as Minecraft.
2. Minecraft will be available on Windows 10, Android, iOS, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and VR.
3. Mojang are currently working with Sony to try and bring Minecraft to Playstation 4 but as things stand now Minecraft will not be available on Playstation.
4. Minecraft is built on the Bedrock engine, which has been in development on Windows 10 and Mobile since 2012.
5. Worlds in Minecraft are infinite.
6. The Minecraft Marketplace will be available in Minecraft, meaning add-ons, skins, textures and worlds are all coming to Windows 10, Mobile, Xbox and Nintendo Switch!
7. Minecraft will be a free upgrade for those who own the current version of the game at the time of the update on each eligible platform, except...
8. ...Players who own Minecraft: Xbox One Edition on disc and have bought DLC or played for at least five hours in the past 12 months will be able to upgrade to Minecraft for free, for a limited time.
Have you tried out the beta? What do you think?