We're now drawing to a close with 1.12, with hopefully one of the final pre-releases. We're aiming to get the full 1.12 release out to you all very soon, so depending on how todays pre-release goes we may have a date for you shortly.
A full changelog can be found on the Minecraft Wiki, including a full list of bug fixes.
- Optimized recipe book & creative inventory searching a lot, especially when using mods
- Made a bunch of text translatable, where previously they were hardcoded English
- Optimized chunk loading, a previous pre-release slowed it down
- Added the ability to see credits by clicking the copyright text in the title screen
- Technical: Skipped functions (when the conditional fails) is now considered a failure (for example in command blocks)
- Technical: Tab-completing command names in command blocks will no longer add a / prefix.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.12 is shaping up in the comments below!