One step closer to 1.12! It's almost easter, so we've hidden a snapshot in the launcher! It's not very well hidden, admittedly, it's right there for you to just hit "play". We tried. <3
A full changelog can be found over on the Minecraft Wiki, including a list of all bug fixes.
- Added descriptions to advancements & changed some titles
- The Adventuring Time achievement has been made into an advancement
- Added a toast notification for toggling the narrator
- Added the option to toggle narrator between: off, chat & system, chat only, system messages only
- Recipe Book
- The pop-up that shows up upon unlocking new recipes now has an icon showing the items that can be crafted with the new recipes
- Added colored beds which can be crafted with colored wool or by dying a white bed
- Beds now bounce the player like slimeblocks, albeit much less
- Beds now reduce (but not negate) fall damage when landed on
- The player can survive a 41 block fall onto a bed
- Any higher, and the second bounce will deal the remaining amount of damage to kill them
- The player can create a platform 7~ blocks high beside the bed to land on to prevent death, in which case a player can survive a 45 block fall
- Beds are now a block entity, and use their 3D item model instead of a 2D item because of the new colors
- Made stairs a little more solid, allowing torches, fences, iron bars, glass panes, walls & snow to connect to them properly (albeit only to ones that have a full block side facing towards them)
- No longer cycle through parrot colors when dancing
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.12 is shaping up in the comments below!