Snapshot season is here again! 1.11.1 has its first (and possibly only) snapshot, which adds a few new goodies, and fixes a lot of bugs.
The holidays account for a few new additions (the fireworks in particular, for example), but more still are there just for fun!
Change to combat mechanics
- The crosshair attack indicator now always displays if fully loaded while looking at an entity (signified by an exclamation mark underneath)
- New sword enchantment
- "Sweeping Edge"
- Up to 3 levels
- Improves sweeping damage
- Mending is no longer compatible with Infinity on bows
- New sword enchantment
- Crafting: 9 nuggets for 1 ingot and vice-versa
Many tools and items can now be recycled in furnaces
- Gold and iron tools/weapons/armor/horse armor yield one gold/iron nugget each
- Chain armor -> iron nugget
A fireworks feature
- Right-clicking fireworks while flying gives a small speed boost
- Firework rockets with an explosion now do damage
- Death message: "<player> went off with a bang"
- [Bug MC-3607] - Some entities, enchanted gear and end portals render white while in fog / red while in lava
- [Bug MC-7222] - 1-9 keys, hoppers/droppers and shift-clicking ignore stacking restrictions
- [Bug MC-23039] - Dropped item disappear in Creative
- [Bug MC-33383] - Lag while taking screenshot with F2
- [Bug MC-67665] - Mouse click position always lags a few frames behind the crosshair
- [Bug MC-88484] - Decimal numbers are displayed using the default Locale value
- [Bug MC-101197] - Cannot use leads on wild ocelots
- [Bug MC-104724] - Bed God Mode Exploit
- [Bug MC-104778] - Non-hostile wild wolves and ocelots cannot be put on leashes
- [Bug MC-105049] - Infinite Durability for Carrot on a stick
- [Bug MC-106117] - Clouds flicker between different positions when spectating minecart
- [Bug MC-107638] - Baby Zombie Villager Voice sounds deep as adult version
- [Bug MC-108319] - XP orbs sound effects mostly play high pitch sounds
- [Bug MC-108464] - followRange Attribute doesn't work properly on some mobs
- [Bug MC-108673] - Fences and cobble walls moved by pistons don't move entities in the upper part of their collision box
- [Bug MC-108943] - CustomPotionColor doesn't change the colors of the AreaOfEffectCloud / TippedArrow
- [Bug MC-109028] - Picking up a flower from a Flower Pot makes no sound when you already have that flower in your inventory
- [Bug MC-109038] - Spawner with missing "minecraft:" in entity id (or with not lowercased entity id) spawns this entity until you reload the world
- [Bug MC-109805] - Farmland can be placed on invalid locations
- [Bug MC-109831] - Heads in inventory face backwards.
- [Bug MC-109833] - "commands.title.usage" uses a different syntax
- [Bug MC-110065] - Shift-Jumping on Magma Block deals damage to the player
- [Bug MC-110076] - Weighted Pressure Plate name gets truncated when applying enchanted book in anvil
- [Bug MC-110094] - Entities can fall through moving fences
- [Bug MC-110234] - Renaming a Wither doesn't change the boss bar
- [Bug MC-110244] - Moving blocks use 0,0,0 as surrounding to calculate their bounding box
- [Bug MC-110247] - Moving blocks can move entities into other moving blocks (also when they move in a different direction)
- [Bug MC-110333] - Mounted horse disappeared after 1.11 upgrade
- [Bug MC-110474] - Activator Rail ejects Players (and 2 high Mobs) to the wrong spot inside of 2 high rooms
- [Bug MC-110598] - Unicode characters which are not converted 1:1 when calling toLowerCase result in wrong formatting
- [Bug MC-110756] - Llama yellow carpet model error
- [Bug MC-110783] - Final firework rocket of a stack does not explode
- [Bug MC-110808] - Eating Pufferfish in a stack of 1 does not give debuffs
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, it could cause a time paradox!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the "New Profile" button. Call it "snapshots" and check the box saying "Enable experimental development snapshots" and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the "new profile" dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar