Minecon 2016 is practically around the corner, and it's time for more news! Ready to dive in head-first? Here we go: MINECON 2016 will take place on September 24-25 at Anaheim Convention Center in sun-soaked Southern California, with an expected attendance of 12,000 Minecrafters! As always, each of them will receive a fancy new cape that cannot be gotten anywhere else. Neat!
If you have plans to pick up tickets this year, here are all the juicy details:
- Tickets will be $160 each (3 years old and under are free).
- Tickets will only be sold at https://minecon.minecraft.net, and they will be sold through Eventbrite.
- 6,000 tickets will go on sale at 6pm PDT (that’s Los Angeles time) on Friday, May 6, 2016.
- 6,000 additional tickets will go on sale at 12pm noon PDT on Saturday, May 7, 2016.
- You will be able to purchase up to 6 tickets on one order.
- You will need the name of EACH person you are buying a ticket for at the time you purchase tickets, you’ll need to enter these details to complete your order.
- Tickets cannot be resold and are non-transferrable. The person whose name is on the ticket at the time of purchase is the person who will be admitted to MINECON. This means you cannot resell tickets.
Every year, there are a bevy of questions about where to be, what activities will be available, and a host of other things. Mojang has preemptively answered some of the most common questions below:
What will there be to do/see/enjoy at MINECON?
Loads and loads! There’ll be panels discussing hot Minecraft topics, exhibitors showing off all the cool stuff they’re doing with the game and a bunch of interactive attractions during the event. On Saturday night, there will also be a show on-site for everyone who attends MINECON. Have a look at the videos from last year for an idea of what happens at MINECON.
Will there be a costume contest this year?
Most definitely! We love having people show off their creativity when it comes to their Minecraft costumes. There will be prizes and accolades for the best of the best. Here is a video of our costume contest from the last MINECON.
What do I do if it turns out I can’t attend MINECON after I’ve bought a ticket?
You can request a refund up to 15 days before the event.
How can I volunteer to be a MINECON Agent?
Each year our MINECON Agents help make MINECON possible. It’s a huge event and couldn’t happen without them! If you want to volunteer, head over and fill out this form. If you’re chosen you will not need to purchase a MINECON ticket, but you will put down a deposit of $60 which will be refunded when you complete your service.
Can I buy a MINECON ticket just to get the fancy cape?
We want all tickets to go to people who will come and enjoy the event, so only people who come to MINECON will get their cape. When you arrive, we scan your ticket, and only scanned tickets will get a cape.
I’m taking my daughter/son/nephew/neighbor to MINECON but I’m an adult and don’t play Minecraft, do I need a ticket for myself as well?
Yes you do! We have players of all ages and we have events and things to do for everyone (even a bunch of cool panels for parents of Minecrafters) so all attendees will need to purchase a ticket.
I have an amazing idea for a panel! Can I tell you, please?
Yes! But not just yet. Soon you’ll be able to submit panel ideas, and maybe yours will be chosen!
Any other information you might want will be on the MINECON website at https://minecon.minecraft.net.