Part of the ongoing update to 1.9, today's snapshot brings with it a number of goodies! To clarify, this is not a 1.10 snapshot, but a snapshot for 1.9.x (leading into 1.9.3). Word on the street is, 1.10 snapshots will likely not be released for approximately two to three weeks.
So, what's inside 16w14a? A bugfix!
- Removed trendy items (they were deemed "un-cool" once they became mainstream)
- Lifted Steve's house arrest
- Beds removed
- Lava temperature raised 2.5C degrees
- Villagers given compensation packages for losing homes to outside interference
- Beds added - you can set your spawn point, and sleep the dangers of nighttime away
- [Bug MC-100382] - Pathfinding Memory Leak
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, they end up getting a snapshot all their own!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar
*Regarding the "features" list: No known features were added in 16w14a, as it was primarily to address a serious memory leak. Sorry!