At this point, 1.9 is all about bugfixes! Little by little, it is becoming a nearly bug-free experience. Just in the last few iterations, all of these bugs have been utterly annihilated:
- [Bug MC-49888] - World bundled Resources Pack doesn't work on server
- [Bug MC-91173] - Eyes of Ender not targeting any of the new strongholds
- [Bug MC-92079] - The Loading World GUI Overlay allows users to switch to another world while loading another world.
- [Bug MC-92444] - Certain sounds are missing sound event name
- [Bug MC-92525] - Signs only import first word on each line.
- [Bug MC-94394] - black screen instead of credits [MP only]
- [Bug MC-96004] - Books only import first word written
- [Bug MC-97225] - Subtitle mistakes and typos
- [Bug MC-97235] - Resource pack in minecraft world save file not working
- [Bug MC-97389] - Horses are pushed into the wall on dismount
- [Bug MC-97461] - MalformedJsonException when connecting to a 1.8.9 server with 1.9 pre release
- [Bug MC-97491] - Spawner spawns entities with NBT tags and monster with no Pos tag at wrong position
- [Bug MC-97521] - Missing sound for event: minecraft:entity.snowman.ambient
- [Bug MC-35127] - Wrong NBT TAG Type for fallTime in FallingSand Entities
- [Bug MC-35714] - Sounds loop/restart when exiting screens
- [Bug MC-89928] - Portals not placing the player at correct coordinates
- [Bug MC-90101] - Mob Spawner is overwriting (ignoring?) Pos[x,y,z] data of entity
- [Bug MC-91290] - Skeletons with no AI spawning naturally
- [Bug MC-95538] - /playsound command doesn’t work with selectors not resolving to exactly one entity
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, it will just be madness!
To get snapshots (or, in this case, the pre-release), open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar