That's right, the first snapshot of the year is here! Yay! As with previous, recent snapshots, this one mainly focuses on cleaning up a host of bugs and problems, to prepare for 1.9. As unexciting as that might seem, it does point to something bigger; as a release version begins cleaning up all the various little hiccups and such introduced in previous snapshots instead of adding new features, it is generally a good sign that a full release is not too far away. Neat!
- Fixed more bugs
- Less rendering issues with glow effects
- More balancing of the combat related mechanics
- Tamed artificial enderdragons (artificial means /summon)
- Armor stands only outline their equipment when glowing
- [Bug MC-779] - Mobs are displayed outside of their spawner
- [Bug MC-1072] - No Translation for “Air” in the superflat customization
- [Bug MC-14722] - Social Zombies not affected by /gamerule doMobSpawning
- [Bug MC-23952] - Bad alignment when using wide unicode fonts
- [Bug MC-44140] - Acacia and Dark Oak Stairs do not burn and cannot be lit with flint and steel
- [Bug MC-44280] - Eggs and Snowballs fired from dispensers don’t knockback mobs, but they do when thrown by the player or a snow golem.
- [Bug MC-46258] - “ø” Character Has an Extra Pixel
- [Bug MC-46690] - Items in inventory upon death in gamemode 3
- [Bug MC-47941] - Creepers flash white when exploding
- [Bug MC-59196] - Players can tick themselves arbitrarily
- [Bug MC-60692] - gamemode selector m doesn’t work with negation
- [Bug MC-63714] - Zombie Pigmen get angry when hit in creative
- [Bug MC-69038] - /help in a command block shows /effect syntax
- [Bug MC-71006] - Minecart with Hopper and Minecart with Chest’s GUIs’ name is Minecart.
- [Bug MC-73304] - Scoreboard teamkill.”color” Is not registering entities
- [Bug MC-74072] - Unicode Character “Small H with Stroke” (ħ) One Pixel Too High
- [Bug MC-74392] - Copying written books creates 0-stacks/duplicates original
- [Bug MC-76313] - Pressing the crouch key while flying will slow you down
- [Bug MC-78557] - Buttons don’t have a special tool assigned - compare pressure plates
- [Bug MC-79604] - Explosions do not repel players in creative
- [Bug MC-81687] - Villagers accept less items for the same amount of emeralds
- [Bug MC-82677] - /give @p minecraft:anvil 1 3 will crash your game
- [Bug MC-85304] - Ender dragons going to XYZ 0 0 0 when spawned in any type of world
- [Bug MC-87894] - Creeper damage disproportionate
- [Bug MC-88268] - Glowing CustomName Items have blurry names
- [Bug MC-88668] - Old Hopper Minecarts have Enabled:0b/do not gather items
- [Bug MC-89592] - Death screen death message doesn’t hide when showDeathMessages is false
- [Bug MC-89917] - Pick Block on Boats only give Oak Variant
- [Bug MC-91803] - In the game / title does not automatically play background music / cave ambient sounds
- [Bug MC-92208] - Summoned MinecartHopper defaults to Enabled:0b
- [Bug MC-92783] - Setting LastOutput of a command block to an invalid JSON string causes crash
- [Bug MC-93093] - Console Spam: “PLAYER is sending move packets too frequently (19 packets since last tick)”
- [Bug MC-93119] - Survival player can obtain bedrock item
- [Bug MC-94466] - zombies wont climb stairs
- [Bug MC-94776] - Chicken will not follow the player with seeds up stairs
- [Bug MC-95129] - Zombies don’t want to walk up a block (in some situations?)
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we start off the new year on the wrong foot!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar