Time for some Pocket Edition news! That's right, a new beta version was just put out for testing by Mojang, and it has loads of goodies to try out, test for bugs, and give feedback on! You’ll need three things to join the test:
- An Android device that can run Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition Android purchased from Google Play Store.
- To opt in to the Minecraft Pocket Edition Beta.
The app will be automatically downloaded and installed on your device once you’ve joined the test. It can take a few days to appear so please be patient.
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails!
- Cute fluffy crop-eating bunnies!
- New wooden doors!
- How to report a bug
- How to make a backup
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails!
- Faster boats with a different handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time (Windows 10 Edition)
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match PC
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
Some Bug Fixes
- Mobs don’t suffocate in carpets anymore (funny as that was)
- Fixed at least as many bugs as we introduced!