Ready for today's snapshot? Too bad, because it's here! Mostly small changes and improvements, 15w40 is focused on cleaning up things for 1.9, including some improved mob behaviors, improvements to health regeneration, and other neat tweaks!
"But wait!", you might be saying (if you were a purely hypothetical person I invented to use as allegory), "what about boats? They're broken! They stink! We hate them!" As luck would have it, boats are getting some love in the near future as well, though it might be a little while before we see those changes.
Improved mob AI
- Mobs/pets now avoid cacti
- Improved path-finding
- Health regeneration speed is now dependent on saturation
Some optimizationsFixed entities becoming invisible under certain conditions
- Fixed upside-down stairs being messed up
- Fixed the "Adventuring Time" achievement requiring the "The Void" biome
- Fixed Minecart Chests with duplicate UUIDs spewing out items
- Fixed written books not opening in the off-hand
- Fixed "Pick block" in survival on items that are not on the hotbar causing client/server desync
- Fixed shulkers attacking players on peaceful
IF YOU TEST SNAPSHOTS, BACK UP YOUR WORLDS FIRST! IT IS SUPER EASY TO CORRUPT SAVEGAMES FROM THE LIVE VERSION, PLEASE DO NOT DO IT.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog). Please do not taunt Happy Fun Snapshot™.
Bug reports are good! Bug reports are great! If no one submits bug reports, the bugs will make it to live versions!
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/15w40b/minecraft_server.15w40b.jar